Free shipping from £129
Shipping in UK in 1-2 working days | Free shipping from £129
Aglianico del Vulture 'Synthesi' Paternoster 2018
90 -@@-8-Wine Spectator
2 -@@-1-Gambero Rosso
90 -@@-9-James Suckling

Aglianico del Vulture 'Synthesi' Paternoster 2018

Paternoster

Aglianico del Vulture "Synthesi" is a full, intense and enveloping red wine, aged for at least 6 months in large barrels and barriques. The taste is rich, soft and dry, marked by pleasant ethereal scents and aromas of red fruit and herbs

Not available

£15.50

Features

Denomination

Aglianico del Vulture DOC

Vines

Aglianico 100%

Tipologia

Alcohol content

13 %

Format

75 cl Bottle

Vinification

Maceration on the skins in steel for 10 days

Aging

In Slavonian oak barrels for 80% and in barrique for 20% for almost 6 months

Additional Notes

Contains sulfites

AGLIANICO DEL VULTURE 'SYNTHESI' PATERNOSTER 2018 DESCRIPTION

Paternoster's Aglianico del Vulture 'Synthesi' was born on the slopes of Vulture in Basilicata, home of excellent wines. Anselmo Paternoster founded the business in 1898, identified these lands as a suitable place for wine production and shortly afterwards became a Cavaliere di Vittorio Veneto, a symbol that still appears on the label today. A few years later their son Giuseppe took over the reins of the winery and thanks to his knowledge of oenology learned at the famous Oenological School of Conegliano began to bring innovation and improvements in winemaking techniques. Today, his legacy is still alive in every product, where the spirit of craftsmanship and the most authentic tradition can be found; also important is the daily commitment to sustainability and the valorisation of Vulture.

The vineyards of Paternoster's Aglianico del Vulture 'Synthesi' are located on the slopes of Mount Vulture. They are cultivated according to the dictates of the organic regime: no animal-derived products are used in the production process, cellar resources are optimised and waste is avoided by focusing on recycling. The soil is mainly composed of tufa, which retains the copious winter rains, providing the plants with a thriving, root-friendly soil. Winters are harsh, while summers are sultry and dry. The ripening of the Aglianico grapes is gradual and slow, so much so that the harvest can even begin in early November. In the cellar, the grapes are destemmed and macerate on the skins for 12/15 days with periodic pumping over and punching down; it matures 12 months in oak barrels for 80% and the remaining 20% in French barriques. It stays in bottle 7/8 months.

To the eye, Paternoster's Aglianico del Vulture 'Synthesi' is an intense and brilliant ruby red; the bouquet is reminiscent of wild blackberry, berries from the undergrowth and spicy notes of black pepper. In the mouth, it presents itself with tannins that are well present and well integrated into the drink with persistence and final harmony that recall goblet after goblet. In pairing it is excellent with local game dishes, stewed red meat cuts; also interesting with mature cow's milk cheeses. Perfect for the family Sunday table to enjoy authentic and rare flavours.

Colour

Ruby red

Taste

Intense, ethereal, dry and velvety

Scent

Notes of red fruits, sweet spices, herbs and hints of underbrush

Callmewine is an online wine shop specializing in the sale of wine, champagne and spirits.

Our Services
Gift Card
Support
Shipping Payments Terms of Sales Privacy policy Contacts
Cookie Policy Gestisci Cookies California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Opt-Out Icon
Facebook logo: A white lowercase 'f' enclosed in a square box with rounded corners.Instagram logo: A white outline of a camera with the word 'Instagram' written in a script font below.

Payment Methods

© Callmewine 2022 - Callmewine UK Limited, registered in England & Wales under company number 14216917 and our registered office is at 167-169 Great Portland Street, 5th Floor, London, United Kingdom W1W 5PF - VAT number 429918749 -