Free shipping from £129
Shipping in UK in 1-2 working days | Free shipping from £129
Chianti Classico Riserva 'Il Grigio' San Felice 2019
3 -@@-1-Gambero Rosso
94 -@@-9-James Suckling
93 -@@-5-Veronelli

Chianti Classico Riserva 'Il Grigio' San Felice 2019

San Felice

The Chianti Classico Riserva "Il Grigio" is an emblem of Tuscany able to blend the land, the vine and the productive style. The nose is pure Sangiovese breed and offers notes of violets and berries, flavored with sensations of spices and earth. The taste shows an excellent intensity and a good body, driven by a strong freshness and a pleasant tannin

Not available




Chianti Classico DOCG


Sangiovese 100%


Alcohol content

13.5 %


75 cl Bottle


Alcoholic and malolactic fermentation in steel with contact with the skins for 18-20 days


24 months in wood, of which 80% of the mass in Slavonian oak barrels and 20% in French barrique

Additional Notes

Contains sulfites


The Chianti Classico Riserva "Il Grigio" is a pure Sangiovese that is born in the splendid territory of the Sienese hills of Castelnuovo Berardenga. It is one of the flagship labels of the San Felice winery and represents a prestigious version of Tuscany's most famous wine. A Chianti Riserva put on the market only after a long refinement, first in wood and then in the bottle, which gives the best gustatory sensations of mature and evolved Sangiovese: richness and aromatic complexity and great pleasantness to drink.

The Chianti "Il Grigio" of the San Felice winery is produced in the estate located near the ancient Pieve San Felice in Pincis. In this magnificent area of gentle hills, north of Castelnuovo Berardenga, there are the Sangiovese vineyards. The wine comes from the selection of the best grapes of the company and wants to represent the pure excellence of the Chianti land. The vines are trained to spur cordon on medium-textured soils, of clay-limestone matrix, deriving from the disintegration of alberese and galestro rocks. The harvest usually takes place between the end of September and the beginning of October. The fermentation takes place in stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature of 28-30 °C, with maceration on the skins for 18-20 days. 80% of the wine matures in Slavonian oak barrels for 24 months and the remaining 20% in 225-liter French oak barriques. The refinement ends with 6 months in the bottle.

The Chianti Classico Riserva of the Sienese San Felice winery is a beautiful version of Sangiovese, which stands out for its intensity, gustatory balance, and aromatic richness. In the glass, it has an intense ruby color with garnet shades. On the nose, it expresses violet scents, aromas of ripe cherry, small berries, and spices. It is a wine with a good structure, with dense and evolved aromas, a dense tannic texture that is well integrated into the body of the wine, and a lively freshness on the finish.


Intense red ruby


Good structure and body, of great freshness and with smooth tannins


Notes of berries, undergrowth, earth, spices and violet

Callmewine is an online wine shop specializing in the sale of wine, champagne and spirits.

Our Services
Gift Card
Shipping Payments Terms of Sales Privacy policy Contacts
Cookie Policy Gestisci Cookies California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Opt-Out Icon

Payment Methods

© Callmewine 2022 - Callmewine UK Limited, registered in England & Wales under company number 14216917 and our registered office is at 167-169 Great Portland Street, 5th Floor, London, United Kingdom W1W 5PF - VAT number 429918749 -