Free shipping from £129
Shipping in UK in 1-2 working days | Free shipping from £129
Pinot Noir 'Meczan' Hofstatter 2021

Pinot Noir 'Meczan' Hofstatter 2021


Hofstatter's Pinot Noir "Meczan" is a medium-bodied red wine with a fruity and elegant profile, born from one of the most vocated terroirs in Alto Adige. Delicate hints of cherry and berries combine with spicy notes. The taste is crisp and clean, balanced and flowing




Alto Adige IGT


Pinot Nero 100%


Alcohol content

13 %


75 cl Bottle


Destemming 75% of the grapes, soft pressing and fermentation in steel tanks on the skins for 10 days


Some months in steel tanks

Additional Notes

Contains sulfites


Hofstatter's Meczan is a wonderful mix of fruit and spice that shows the potential of Pinot Noir when grown in particular locations and climates. A wine of extreme typicity and great value for money, it has been able to stand as a benchmark of its variety, offering an interpretation of an everyday wine while being a meeting point between smoothness and fragrance.

Hofstatter's Pinot Noir "Meczan" wine comes from grapes grown entirely in Mazzon, a small wine-growing village in the province of Bolzano, which has been able to distinguish itself as one of the most vocated areas for Pinot Noir production in Italy. Introduced to South Tyrol in the 19th century with excellent results, it was soon discovered that this French red grape variety grow well in this area, giving rise to products of international stature. The Hofstatter family's more than century-old tradition has not prevented progress as far as winemaking and aging techniques are concerned, developing a modern style supported by the best available technology. After careful grape selection, the fermented juice is poured into barrels, where aging takes place. The clusters are 75% destemmed, while the remaining 25% are left whole, so as to ensure the balanced and slightly astringent freshness typical of the grape variety.

Pinot Noir "Meczan," as soon as it is poured into the glass, shows a ruby red color with garnet highlights. The nose is a profusion of fresh, juicy fruit, including cherry and berries. On the palate it shows a perfect balance between a mouthwatering softness and a soaring contribution of freshness and savoriness. Tasty and flavorful without sacrificing a long finish, it accompanies poultry dishes, roasts and richly seasoned pasta dishes with extreme satisfaction. The elegance we always want on our table.


Dark ruby ​​red with garnet hues


Subtle, agile, smooth, fresh and fruity, with a good persistence


Notes of berry, cherry and a light spice vein

Callmewine is an online wine shop specializing in the sale of wine, champagne and spirits.

Our Services
Gift Card
Shipping Payments Terms of Sales Privacy policy Contacts
Cookie Policy Gestisci Cookies California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Opt-Out Icon

Payment Methods

© Callmewine 2022 - Callmewine UK Limited, registered in England & Wales under company number 14216917 and our registered office is at 167-169 Great Portland Street, 5th Floor, London, United Kingdom W1W 5PF - VAT number 429918749 -