Free shipping from £129
Shipping in UK in 1-2 working days | Free shipping from £129
Nerello Mascalese 'Versante Nord' Eduardo Torres Acosta 2019

Nerello Mascalese 'Versante Nord' Eduardo Torres Acosta 2019

Torres Acosta Eduardo

"Versante Nord" by Eduardo Torres Acosta is a volcanic, magnetic and sanguineous red wine from Etna, fruit of the vinification of Nerello Mascalese, together with a mix of other local white and red grapes. Son of the sandy and stony terroir of the volcano, he transfers the same minerality to the nose and mouth, supported by aromas of red pulp fruit and a thin, clean and dusty tannin




Terre Siciliane IGT


Nerello Mascalese 80% various red and white local grapes 20%


Alcohol content

13.5 %


75 cl Bottle


Spontaneous fermentation with some whole clusters and maceration on the skins for 15 days in cement vats without temperature control


16 months in Slavonian oak barrels

Filosofia produttiva

Indigenous yeasts, Natural

Additional Notes

Contains sulfites


Torres Acosta's Rosso Versante Nord is a synthesis of warmth and finesse, yet another gem from one of the most promising winemakers in Italy. What a sniper Eduardo is! Each of his labels fails to leave one indifferent, by virtue of territorial yet personal interpretations capable of touching deep chords. Eduardo, a Spaniard transplanted to Sicily, after various experiences including Arianna Occhipinti's prestigious winery, decided to lease 2 hectares on the northern slope of Etna, to produce liquids that had a strong link with such a vocated terroir. Hence, the decision not to use any chemical or synthetic products both in the vineyard and in the cellar, where fermentations occur spontaneously. Radical, sanguine, welcoming but at the same time not immediate: Eduardo's wines are all this, and more. A few bottles, which are in danger of being disputed!

Versante Nord Rosso is made from a blend consisting of 80 percent Nerello Mascalese and the remaining 20 percent native white and red grapes, as per local tradition. The clusters are selected from bush and espalier vines more than 50 years old, located at an altitude of about 600 meters and resting on sandy soils of volcanic origin. In the winery, the grapes are only partially destemmed as spontaneous fermentation takes place in whole clusters, with maceration lasting 15 days in cement containers without temperature control. Aged for 16 months in Slavonian oak barrels.

The North Face Red wine shows itself in its intense and charged ruby color. The nose is rich in suggestions, the most varied, among which cherry, plum and carob emerge clearly, as well as blood memories and mineral lashings. However, it is in the mouth that the wine shows off all its class, an emblematic symbol of purity and tension, finesse and deep saline contribution. The generous matter, never over the top, returns a dynamic and iridescent red. Three-dimensional.


Dark and intense ruby red


Pure and direct, savoury and complex with silky and gossamer tannins


Rich and mineral, with notes of cherry, plum and cedar aromas

Callmewine is an online wine shop specializing in the sale of wine, champagne and spirits.

Our Services
Gift Card
Shipping Payments Terms of Sales Privacy policy Contacts
Cookie Policy Gestisci Cookies California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Opt-Out Icon

Payment Methods

© Callmewine 2022 - Callmewine UK Limited, registered in England & Wales under company number 14216917 and our registered office is at 167-169 Great Portland Street, 5th Floor, London, United Kingdom W1W 5PF - VAT number 429918749 -